Sunday, January 2, 2011

Piece of Advice #1 “Write what you know”

Advice is given freely, whether requested or not.  Have a baby and you will be inundated with comments and “advice”. I myself have dished out more than a few nuggets. Some advice is great-some is ignorant-most is an effort to transfer one persons experience to a fellow human with the intent to improve their journey in this life.
I decided to start a blog for several reasons. Hopefully to make you laugh, maybe tear up occasionally. Maybe together we can figure out some things that don’t make much sense. I have always heard, “write what you know” but that seems like a sure-fire way to end up at the same place you started out at.
What I know is interesting, but what I DON’T know is so much more interesting. For example,  I know my husband loves me. I don’t know why. I know the grass grows faster when the lawnmower is broken, I don’t know why. I know my oldest son has Autism. I don’t know why.  If I only wrote what I know, it would be a pretty short blog.
As they say, “You don’t know what you don’t know”

No comments:

Post a Comment